Thursday, September 25, 2008

Let's Go Learn



Sonlight reccomends (and so do I) a really great tool for the homeschooler. Let's Go Learn is a reading and math assessment site that is low cost ($20 per test, per child with discounts for more tests/children), very in depth, and gives advice on how to improve the areas of skill your child needs work on. The site says schools use this test, and I found it really helpful (and a much needed encouragement) to know how well my daughter did on her reading assessment. It also showed me I needed to work on her spelling skills the most. It was a fun computer test, that seemed to know just when the kids would have had enough. We were in the kitchen while she took it and just about the time she started to complain, it was over. I'm not a huge advocate of testing as long as you have an idea how much your child is retaining, but this is just such a simple way to put your mind at ease about how your child is doing compared to others in his or her grade. So here it is:

Let's Go Learn

No comments: