Thursday, February 28, 2008

About us.....




I am very unorganized, and I other than 3 months of technical college I have no credentials to speak of . We are a one (not so big) income family. I graduated from a private school, and my husband can take credit for the vast majority of his education seeing as he graduated from one of the worst public schools in our area. He however did go to college...for 2 years. My point is that you don't have to be a rocket scientist, a millionaire, or a supermom to homeschool. You do, however have to be commited at all costs, patient, loving, supportive, confident, and excited about teaching and learning. I am like many homeschooling parents still in our "honeymoon"...which means I am still learning what and what not to do and say.....what works for us and what doesn't. One thing I do is research everything to death. I think this has saved us quite a bit of headache. My daughter is doing very well, despite my incapabilities and mistakes. It gets better all the time. Sure, we've had our moments....and I've made the "maybe I should just forget this and send you to school" empty threat when I was frustrated. She of course was horrified at the idea, and I apologized and have commited not to make that mistake again. And it is through hundreds of like mistakes that we both make that I hope we grow from as we go through this together. I was surprised that I have learned just as much as her. I wouldn't trade this experience or the special bond we share in this journey for anything in the world.

No comments: